- TRANSPARENCY IN POLITICSBy – Rakshinda Raheman, SY BA LLB (Hons.) Introduction Political funding is a necessity for political parties to play their role in a democratic process and complete transparency in the financing of political parties is the foundation of a well-functioning democracy. The absence of revelation of sources of partyContinue reading “TRANSPARENCY IN POLITICS”
- MAJORITARIANISM AND, POLITICAL POLARIZATION IN INDIABy – Saptadip Nandi Chowdhury It is hard to argue for the benefits of sectarianism or majoritarianism politics, although the “democratically elected mandate of the people” provides an impregnable defence. In India, there has been a clear movement towards majoritarianism and sectarianism since the Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) cameContinue reading “MAJORITARIANISM AND, POLITICAL POLARIZATION IN INDIA”
- The Evolution of ScreenplayBy Asha Anandkumar Alfred Hitchcock has infamously said, “To make a great film you need three things – the script, the script and the script”. The bedrock of filmmaking lies with the art of screenplay and when the script is cracked, the rest follows smoothly. The screenplay which isContinue reading “The Evolution of Screenplay”
- Barriers and Brothels – Prostitution and its Regularization in IndiaBy – Anisha Moonka The word prostitution comes from the Latin word prostituere which means to expose publicly. If we look into the dictionary meaning of prostitution, we find that- “prostitution is the practice of engaging in a generally indiscriminate sexual act with someone who is not a spouseContinue reading “Barriers and Brothels – Prostitution and its Regularization in India”
- Suing the Indian “Superhero”By – Atish George, SY BBA LLB (Hons.) The popularity of the south Indian superhero movie, Minnal Murali, which explored the prospect of an Indian superhero raised in a thatched roof, highlighted a long-dormant desire for a brown vigilante to call our own. A twist to the classic tropesContinue reading “Suing the Indian “Superhero””
Get this edition in print
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.