- International Day for Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapons – 26th SeptemberBy – Nikita, SY BA LLB Div B The International Day was assigned by the General Assembly of the United Nations in resolution 68/32. It was assigned to follow up the eminent discussion on disarmament of Nuclear weapons carried out in New York on September 26 in 2013. TheContinue reading “International Day for Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapons – 26th September”
- Dark Tourism- A Contemplative StudyBy Shrijeta Pratik, SY BA LLB B The tourism industry contributes trillions of dollars to the global economy and annual transportation contributes more than 1.2 billion. An increasing number of tourists are focusing their attention on a new market: tourism to locations of death, tragedy, and atrocity. Over 2Continue reading “Dark Tourism- A Contemplative Study”
- Exploring rural delicacies of South IndiaBy Asha Anandkumar When billions of dollars are poured into luxury travel and “exclusive destinations,” one can look at the nooks and corners of rural India to experience the country, a stripped-down version that is brimming with culture and intimacy that seems natural and not crafted. This authenticity canContinue reading “Exploring rural delicacies of South India”
- Richard Branson or Jeff Bezos – Who Took the First Step Towards Space Tourism?By Nikita Even while witnessing the most magnificent vistas on the planet, it is becoming increasingly impossible to experience wonder in today’s society. Disconnecting from the internet and connecting with the world around us has become more difficult thanks to technological advancements. Simultaneously, technological advancements are allowing regular peopleContinue reading “Richard Branson or Jeff Bezos – Who Took the First Step Towards Space Tourism?”
- Slavery Convention signed on 25th September, 1926By Nikita, SY BBA LLB The Slavery Convention, also known as the Convention to Abolish the Slave Trade and Slavery, was signed on September 25th, 1926, and came into effect on March 7th, 1927. The Slavery Convention of 1926 outlawed the practice of slavery and the slave trade andContinue reading “Slavery Convention signed on 25th September, 1926”
Get this edition in print
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.